Natural Remedies for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
What are the symptoms of CFS?
You may want to visit your doctor if you have been feeling tired for no reason at all and the feeling of exhaustion has been persisting for months, it may be chronic fatigue syndrome or CFS. You would naturally feel tired after doing some strenuous physical activity, such as chopping firewood, walking up a steep hill, or riding a bicycle. After a short period of rest though you should be fully recovered.
What causes chronic fatigue syndrome?
Some of the symptoms associated with CFS present very similar to those of common viral infections, so it is thought to be viral. Common symptoms are headache, sore throat, muscle aches and joint pain. Still feeling tired and unrested after sleep, brain fog (impaired concentration or memory), and irritable bowel syndrome are also symptoms of CFS.
No Known Cure for CFS
Just like some viral infections that do not have a known cure, chronic fatigue syndrome doesn’t have a known cure either. In order to conquer or relief chronic fatigue syndrome you have to strengthen your immune system. Some of the ways to do this is by regularly taking vitamins, exercising and resting as much as possible.
Some Helpful Tips and Home Remedies to Boost Your Energy.
- Eat more raw fruits and vegetables. The vitamins and minerals found in these healthy foods are excellent for strengthening the immune system and making you less susceptible to CFS.
- Drink at least 8 glasses of pure water a day to help flush out the toxins inside your body.
- Strengthen your gut flora to keep your digestive system functioning properly.
- Get regular exercise. Ideally, 20-30 minutes of moderate exercise each day is recommended.
- Keep your joints and muscles lose and your body strong to help protect against chronic fatigue syndrome.
- You may have to settle for a 15-20-minute workout 3 times a week If you don’t have the time for 20 or 30 minutes each day.
- You could add a brisk walk into your day.
- Taking the stairs instead of the elevator whenever possible.
- Mowing your lawn or Jogging with the dog anything to get moving.
- Turn the music up and dance your way through your house cleaning routine, Get creative.
Try Natural Supplements.
Herbal medicines have been found to contain immune system boosting qualities. Taking these supplements on a regular basis is a great way to help protect yourself from CFS. Herbal therapies are safe, natural and effective if you allow them time to work and follow directions.
- Echinacea (only take for 6 to 8 weeks at a time)
- Ginseng root
- Devil’s Claw
A great way to improve your brain and cognitive function and also lubricates your joints from the inside out, would be taking Essential Fatty Acids, such as Omega 3, 6, and 9 oils especially if you are experiencing muscle pain and soreness.